Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thankfulness Thursday

I don't know if it's the weather or because I'm tired, but I am in a grumbly mood today! I literally asked God today why he had to curse me with chronic acne and constipation as well as bad hair. Now I know God didn't curse me with those things. They are a product of the fall and his tools for keeping me humble and depending on him. But I felt the need to gripe to him about it anyways.

So needless to say, I thought I should spend a little time giving thanks. I also thought maybe I should post my thanksgivings on a regular basis here to keep me accountable and to remind me of all the good things God has given and done for me. So here goes.

Today I am thankful that my husband prefers to see me in a ponytail or bun rather than with my hair down. Which begs the question, why do I spend so much time trying to style my hair the way I see it done on Youtube if my husband prefers the simple anyways? Glutton for punishment I guess. Anyways, I'm thankful that if I gave up on all that hassle with my hair, my husband would be perfectly happy.

I am also thankful that my acne is not the large cyst like pimples that I used to get but rather little bumps that most people don't even notice. I'm thankful for makeup that covers up said bumps. I'm thankful God loves me and his power is at work within me no matter what my skin (and hair) look like.

Lastly I am grateful for medicines and dietary changes that can help relieve constipation. I'm grateful I don't have to be bent over in misery every day as I deal with my digestive issues. I'm grateful for doctors who can help us when we are having health issues.

Now it's your turn. What have you found yourself complaining about today? What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment