Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


Another new year is upon us. It seems like it was only a short time ago we were celebrating the beginning of 2012. Time really does fly the older we get.
With the beginning of  new year, comes new resolutions to do better, accomplish more. I've never been one to make new year's resolutions myself. It seems to me that most people never make it to the end of the year as resolved to do what they set out to do at the beginning of the year. I personally never have been able to come up with anything to resolve to do better at. Sure I need to improve on things just like anyone else, but I guess I've never felt the need to set goals in order to acheive it. I've read in various books that goal setting people are happier because they have something to work for. The mind opperates better when it has something to work on. Maybe that's why I have so many issues with anxiety and discontent. I never have any goals. But as I sit here writing this, I still can't think of a single goal I want to accomplish this year.  So I guess I do have a new year's resolution this year. To have some goals to work toward. There, I, Katie Mitchell, resolve to develop some goals to work toward. We'll see if at the end of this year I was able to come up with some goals and in turn, become less anxious and more content. This should be an interesting experiment.
What about you? Do you make new year's resolutions? Have a you ever done what you resolved to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment